Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Self-Portrait Tempera Batik


Every student was instructed to sketch themselves off of a picture that was taken of themselves. I found that this was definitely one of the hardest tasks I've ever had to complete. It was extremely hard for me to draw my mouth and teeth, and to make the sketch look identical to the photograph of myself. Although my sketch didn't completely resemble the photograph, I really liked the color I used and how the texture turned out. I enjoyed sketching the self portrait on the smaller sheet of paper because of the size it was much easier to sketch on. Over all I liked my smaller self portrait's (I made two, one teal and one an orange-ish color) better but I liked the color and texture of the large self-portrait more. It took many days to complete this task but once I was finished I was satisfied with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment