Thursday, November 3, 2011

The first marking period...

When I started art this year I had a lot more confidence than I did last year and I was excited to see if my art skills improved at all. I noticed my improvement after the pencil drawing of the fruit. But I also noticed that shading in color pencil didn't improve that much. After working with colored pencil a lot, I realized that I have to be more patient and use darker colors more, especially black. The first time I painted my mini self- portrait I just kind of painted my face without putting any texture in and didn't try to make it look more realistic. After not being satisfied with my first self-portrait I did another and I did it slowly and added texture and made it look more realistic. I saw and felt the change after I did the second one and now I'm more confident for when I go to paint the large self-portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment